Friday, November 27, 2009

Amazing Amy!


Dear Amy,
I can't believe you are six years old already! I remember the night you arrived like it was yesterday. Daddy and I listenened to the Canucks game on the radio in our hospital room while I breathed and waited for you to arrive. You had the good sense to wait until the game was over - you inherited that from your Dad's side of the family - before making your appearance at 10:00 pm. You and I stayed up all night just looking at each other. I was too excited to sleep and I remember thinking when I looked at you that this was just the first of many times I would be amazed by your presence.
Here are just some of the things I love about you:
- your determination
- your sensitivity
- your empathy
- your competitive spirit
- your intelligence
- your sense of humour
- your attention to detail and knack for organization (which I do NOT possess!)
I love the way you always find me for a hug in the morning. I love watching you in relationship with your brothers. I love the appreciation that you have for your grandparents. I especially love seeing the bond that you and Daddy have. I even love the myriad ways that you manage to delay the final good night because you just don't want our time together to end.
Speaking of which, I'm going to go and carry you upstairs now, after you managed to scoop an extra cuddle on the couch and fall asleep...
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute. Happy belated birthday to Amy!

    ReplyDelete