Saturday, September 26, 2009

Parade of Daily Adventures

I just read someone's FB update on my newsfeed that said: "When you have kids, Saturdays are just another kind of Monday." Amen to that, sistah!

Today our Parade of Daily Adventures included a 6:00 am 5K run, soccer photos, 2-1/2 hours of dance, a hockey practice, followed by a soccer game...some which was happening at the same time (thanks for helping out today, Mom)! Oh, and breastfeeding a baby wherever he can grab some "booby snacks" (as my friend, Jennifer, calls it).

Now I need a weekend to recover from my Saturday. But tomorrow brings birthday shopping, more soccer pix, soccer "games" for the U7 crowd, and a birthday party...I think we'll order in dinner tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Exaaactly. Mom: " you get up with the kids today" Dad: Mnnuh? Wha? No. U".
    Mom: I will tomorrow. U do it"

    Every weekend...

    Is it just me or did our parents just let us get up and dump cheerios on the floor when we were kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I rotted my brain on Bugs Bunny cartoons an awful lot as a kid...and I definitely remember making burnt pancakes on a griddle at an alarmingly early age...maybe 7 or 8?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brain is far from rotten....and Bugs Bunny can be a very cultural experience.... The Barber of Seville, Brunhilde ...the Valkyries. Considering we lived where we did you did pretty well in expanding your world to include more than beer, drugs and bush parties.:) I'm not taking any credit for it. It's a good thing we moved when we did though.

    ReplyDelete