Ok, so I've been a little busy the past year and two months since my last post.
Awesome stuff that has happened:
- decided to pursue becoming a music teacher and managed to make it happen! Best move for me, ever.
- fantastic new friends and experiences with them.
- working full time...and really enjoying it.
- kids are great. Trevor and Amy are at the lovely gangly stage of tweenness where they are all long-limbed and horse-toothed, but don't smell like adolescence yet. Gavin is 2.5 (what?!), almost potty trained, talking up a storm in Spanish and English and I can actually understand him 80% of the time!
- just got back from Mexican vacation where I got to spend a ton of time with my family and fell in love with all of them all over again.
- wicked New Year's dance party at our house!
- my dad is not well, neither is my grandpa.
- I'm worried about my mom (see above).
- even though I love the direction my career has taken, I may have lost a friend as a result.
- weight gain - UGH!! The bane of my existence. Stupid wine and pasta.
All in all, my life has been clicking along pretty nicely, but since learning about my dad's illness, I've been in a bit of funk. I've always found writing helps me get my head sorted out. Or at least vent.
So, it's a new year, time to dive back into the madness of our family schedule while still finding some time to focus on me so I don't totally lose myself in the frenzy.
In the meantime, here are some of the latest pix: