Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack

Um, yeah, I haven't posted for such a long time, I actually forgot how my blog works! As in how to get into the dashboard. This blog seems to be in its death throes, in danger of becoming a necroblog. So here's a little CPR. Get the paddles!

It's been a rough half-year or so. My dad passed away unbelievably quickly from cancer in January. It was really tough. For me it triggered a bout of depression such that I struggled to do anything else than what was absolutely required and expected of me. Stuff for work and family got done, but I felt like a black hole was sucking me in and I just couldn't get away from it. It wasn't until my hubby asked why I seemed to be in such a funk, and I replied, "I don't know. I just suck," that I heard myself and clued into what was happening. Messed up sleep patterns, drinking too much too often, low energy, no enjoyment in anything. Classic depression. Off to the doctor I go, he ups my anti-depressant dosage and...voila...I am coming back to myself. Finally.

Unfortunately, six months of inertia has resulted in me being the heaviest I think I've ever weighed, aside from post-partum poundage. It makes the coming-back-to-myself that much more challenging. It's a decision to make though: to wallow or move on. I finally feel like giving a crap about what I eat and have even decided to venture back into running. I think that is mostly what these posts will be about for the next while.

So running. Wow, it's hard when you haven't done it for a while! and when you're carting around ?? extra lbs. (I know no-one really reads this, but I'm still not up to posting my weight for the world to see). I started back on the good old "Learn to Run 10K" program for preparing for the Sun Run (which I am not preparing for, btw). I just would like to be able to run for more than 5 minutes without feeling like I am going to puke. Or need the paddles (see how I did that?).

Reviving me. Reviving my blog.

I'm b-a-a-a-ack!


No comments:

Post a Comment