Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer's a Comin'!

I'm trying to plan our summer. What I would like to do is say that we're not doing anything, we're just going to lounge around and be lazy. I think I'd be crazy after Day 3 of that, though, from listening to the kids whine that they're bored and why can't they play Webkinz for 12 hours straight anyway? So I am trying to plan our summer and getting nowhere fast.

There are all manner of day camps, all of which are quite expensive (this is an annual source of stress in itself as I don't get paid in the summer as a teacher). We are looking at a couple of hockey clinics, neither of which run at the same time so that will gobble up two weeks. Also there are swimming lessons I'd like the kids to do, but that eats up a two week chunk of time per set. Then there are a couple of family vacation options we're looking at, but we can't book them until we decide what activities the kids are doing. Anything related to travelling to the US is in suspended animation until Gavin gets his NEXUS card. And before you know it, it will be time for back-to-school shopping!

It's such a fine balance between keeping kids busy/entertained and overprogramming the family. How do you handle summers and kids in your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment