Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Musing

Courtesy of Amy: Why don't mermaids need goggles?
Hmmmm.

Also, today is the big day I'm getting laser eye surgery done....finally! I've been wanting to do it for, oh, I don't know, about 20 years or so. Why haven't I done it sooner? I'm just a tiny bit squeamish about it, but the main reasons are $$$, mostly. I wish I could say that I had other priorities for my money. I guess in a way I did...instead of saving for the procedure, I spent it. I'm just not a good saver. The few times I've tried diligently to save for anything we'll get some crazy car repair bill or go on a trip or have a baby or something.
I opted for the no-touch procedure even though it's a bit more expensive mostly because it's closer to home and easier for me to get to sans driver.
Plus they don't have to peel back your cornea to do it. 'Kay, maybe more than a tiny bit squeamish. Ewww!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to being able to get up in the morning and not bump into the dresser on the way to bathroom anymore. You'd think after five years I would have adjusted to my environment, you know, the way blind people do!
Posting will be pretty light this week as I understand there's a fair amount of sensitivity to light afterward and computer screens are particularly uncomfortable. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment