Friday, July 3, 2009

More Stumpers

I remember the days before I became a parent hearing about how children ask endless questions about everything. Trevor never did much of that as a young child, however, Amy has become like a curiosity machine powered by Energizer lately. Here are just a few of the questions from a one-hour period this evening:


1. How does your body make milk? (wow, that prompted a long-winded answer about hormones and chemicals and pregnancy and milk ducts during which her eyes glazed over)

2. How did babies start? Me: like when the sperm fertilizes the egg? Amy: No, like who did the first baby? ('kay, just the origin of man, your usual bedtime conversation!)

3. Why won't my eyes let me sleep? (because you won't close them)

4. Why is it called a tangle? (I don't know, someone made up the word, I guess)

5. What is that man on TV doing? (she was cuddled up with me on couch as I was trying to bore her to sleep with late night talk shows)

6. Why is he telling jokes? (that's his job)

7. Are those jokes funny? I don't get it. (just to grownups)

8. Could I have a drink of water? (sure)

9. Why are these called fingers? (I don't know)

10. Why does Gavin blow bubbles? (I don't know)

11. Why do you wear makeup? (umm, ladies wear makeup to make themselves look nice, I guess)

12. When did you start to wear makeup? (I don't know, when I was 11 or 12 you can see where this is headed...)

13. When can I start to wear makeup? (when your body starts to change to get ready to become a woman, probably when you're 11 or 12, too seriously, you're only 5, tooo little to be wanting to grow up so fast!)

14. What day is it tomorrow? (Saturday)

15. Do I have dance? (not until Sept.)

16. Why do we have to have a passport? (so we can prove that we are Canadian when we travel)

17. Is our school the only school in Canada close to our house? (huh?)

18. Remember when you were pregnant and you broke my bed? (cringing yep.)

19. Will you miss me too much if I sleep over at Grandma's?

Amy, I'll miss you a lot, but it will be nice to have a chance to stock up on answers as I'm starting to run out.

1 comment:

  1. Tangle comes from the nasalized version of the Swedish word taggla which means disordered.
    Also Amy already looks nice so she doesn't need makeup.

    ReplyDelete