Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ouch.

So I've been walking a lot lately in an effort to get back into something resembling a shape - as opposed to a blob. Thanks to my wonderful mom who comes over on a nearly daily basis, I am able to go out and walk sans kids for an hour at least a few times a week. Recently I've been feeling like I need to hit the next gear and start working out harder and with more purpose.

Today I decided to use the time my mom gives me to dust off my gym membership card and reacquaint myself with an aerobics class. My schedule was way out of date, though, so imagine my surprise when I arrived at a bootcamp class rather than my safe and trusty old step class. I briefly toyed with the idea of watching the class from the elliptical trainer, but then I thought, ah, why not.

Good lord. I don't hurt yet, but I surely will tomorrow. Three minute intervals of cardio paired with pushups, weight training, and abs abs abs. Have I mentioned that my "abs" currently resemble something as loose and drapey as something you might run up a flagpole? Red-faced, panting, dripping with sweat was I. I tried playing the "this is my first real post-baby workout" card, but the instructor was having none of that. At the end she jokingly said, "Anyone feel like they might puke? Haha."

Haha indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment