Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grey hairs

I guess it was inevitable...in my early thirties, I began to spot the occasional grey hair here or there. I'm not one for old wives' tales, so I'd yank each one out and it didn't seem like there were two growing in its place.
Lately, though, there seems to be a forest of them sprouting along the edge of my hairline! Way too many to yank out. Perhaps it's a function of being in my mid-thirties. Or maybe it's due hormonal changes because of last year's pregnancy and now everything shifting back to "normal" (whatever that is). Or maybe having three kids really does give you grey hair! Probably, it's a confluence of events, a perfect storm if you will.
It feels a bit like adolescence when you're sure everyone notices that you're having a bad hair day, only instead of noticing that your mall hair is unevenly backcombed or your cowlick prevents the middle part required for perfect hair-feathering, now everyone is noticing that you have random hair shooting out like little grey pubes.
All I know is that I now need to colour my hair every six to eight weeks rather than just for fun. Like I have time for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment