Friday, June 19, 2009

Picky Picky

My darling daughter is an amazing human being. I love her dearly. That said, she might be one of the pickiest eaters on the planet. We joke, but not really, that she only eats beige food. Not a fruit or vegetable. Her favourite food group is chocolate.
So recently I tried to camouflage some good healthy fibre in her favourite chocolate muffins by throwing in a sizable amount of large flake oatmeal. She took a big bite and started to chew and promptly pushed it out of her mouth into the sink. There was definitely something weird about this muffin. She examined it carefully and tried to eat around the little flecks of oatmeal for a couple of minutes. Then she decided it was impossible and told me to eat it.
When I came across this blog post from Alice at Finslippy, I was sure she had installed a nanny cam at my house and has been spying on me because the look of suspicion on her face is EXACTLY like Amy's was that day.

Dramatic Reenactment of Our Son, Eating a Cookie from Alice Bradley on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment