Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jean Shorts

I listen to Virgin radio throughout the day and especially like listening to Nat and Drew in the morning. A few weeks ago, they were discussing jean shorts on men. Nat railed against any men of any age wearing any sort of denim shorts; Drew didn't think they were that bad. As I listened, I wondered to myself if anyone even wears those things anymore?! I'm no fashion icon myself, but denim shorts on guys went out about....1993!

Unfortunately, since listening to Nat and Drew's broadcast I've seen them all over the place. Usually the offenders are men in their 50's or 60's (we live near several "adult oriented" developments). Often they are wearing socks with their sandals and are attached to giant SUV's or little convertibles.
I realize that 50 year old men are probably not my typical audience but just in case you're out there reading this: Dudes, jean shorts do not look good on you. You don't look like you did when you were in your early 30's, you just look like someone who is washed up and trying too hard. They are not practical either; denim is heavy in hot weather and you can't wear them at the golf course. Jean shorts are best paired with tacky beer logo tank tops circa 1989 and in that time period they should remain. Go to your local Gap and get some nice flat front khaki shorts instead. Please!
Ladies, if you personally know one of these offenders, save him from himself and burn the jean shorts while he's out one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment