Friday, June 5, 2009

Ever wonder what mommy-guilt looks like?


...A great big stuffed purple horse. (Gavin, you look like I feel!) Let me explain...


I forgot Amy's show and tell this morning. This is not normally an issue as she is very good at remembering to bring something to share and has some interesting things to prepared to say about it, even if I don't practice it with her. The problem today, however, was that Gavin was supposed to be Amy's show and tell and, therefore, she needed me to bring him in! We were in our usual big rush this morning after blissfully sleeping in until 7:45 (thank you, Gavin, you amazing 2-month old, you!). I arrived at the school in yesterday's smelly clothes because I didn't see the point in wearing nice fresh clothes before having a shower...which I planned to do upon returning home from drop-off. Got back to the house, fed Gavin for half an hour while playing lame video games, and suddenly realized at 9:30 that I had totally forgotten about Amy's show and tell. Feeling about an inch high, I fumbled Gavin into his car seat, headed back to the school (still in yesterday's smelly clothes) for show and tell, mumbling some lame excuse about mistiming a feeding.
What about the horse, you're wondering? Later, while birthday shopping for a friend's party at Toys R Us, I bought that big, ridiculous toy for Amy, just because she asked. Which is terrible parenting. For which I have even more guilt. At least it was half price.
Nice.

1 comment:

  1. yeah!!! you have a blog too!!! now I can keep up with you even more! ( although I promise not to let it take over from face to face visits....)
    and BTW we all have mummy guilt purchases- mine usually invovles a trip to the lego store (which is thankfully closed sunday AND monday!!!) lol
    v

    ReplyDelete